Inventory Unit Detail
2018 Harley-Davidson® Sportster - Forty-Eight
Low Country Harley-Davidson®
Sportster - Forty-Eight
A new school twist on the choice ride for those who know how to have fun.
- Engine: Air-cooled, Evolution®
- Bore: 3.5 in.
- Stroke: 3.8 in.
- Displacement: 1,202 cc (73.4 cu in)
- Compression Ratio: 10.0:1
- Fuel System: Electronic Sequential Port Fuel Injection (ESPFI)
- Exhaust: Black, staggered exhaust with slash-cut mufflers
- Length: 85.2 in.
- Seat Height, Laden: 26.2 in.
- Seat Height, Unladen: 27.8 in.
- Ground Clearance: 4.3 in.
- Rake (steering head) (deg): 30.2
- Trail: 5.3 in.
- Wheelbase: 58.9 in.
- Tires, Front Specification: 130/90B16 73H
- Tires, Rear Specification: 150/80B16 77H
- Fuel Capacity: 2.1 gal.
- Oil Capacity (w/filter): 2.8 qt.
- Weight, As Shipped: 547 lb.
- Weight, In Running Order: 564 lb.
- Engine Torque Testing Method: J1349
- Engine Torque: 73 ft-lb
- Engine Torque (rpm): 3500
- Lean Angle, Right (deg.): 27.1
- Lean Angle, Left (deg.): 27.1
- Fuel Economy: Estimated City/Hwy: 48 mpg
- Primary Drive: Chain, 38/57 ratio
- Gear Ratios (overall) 1st: 9.315
- Gear Ratios (overall) 2nd: 6.653
- Gear Ratios (overall) 3rd: 4.948
- Gear Ratios (overall) 4th: 4.102
- Gear Ratios (overall) 5th: 3.517
- Wheels, Front Type: Black, Split 9-Spoke Cast Aluminum
- Wheels, Rear Type: Black, Split 9-Spoke Cast Aluminum
- Brakes, Caliper Type: Dual-piston front, Dual-piston rear
- Lights (as per country regulation), Indicator Lamps: High beam, neutral, low oil pressure, turn signals, engine diagnostics, low fuel warning, low battery, security system (if equipped), ABS (if equipped)
- Gauges: Handlebar-mounted electronic speedometer with odometer, time-of-day clock, dual tripmeter, low fuel warning light, low oil pressure light, engine diagnostics readout, LED indicator lights
Styling & Features
- 1200cc Evolution® Engine: 1200cc at your command to deliver tons of torque for an unforgettably fun ride.
- Dark Custom Style: A balance of blacked-out and chrome finishes give it that authentic custom attitude.
- Throwback 70's Custom Tank Art: Authentic bold 70's-inspired tank graphic and badge shows the bike's retro roots.
- Bold Muscular Attitude: A bulldog stance with a slammed speedometer and peanut tank, massive triple clamps, and 49mm front forks.
- Tallboy® Handlebars: Ride with your fists in the wind with the black Tallboy® handlebars. Shaped to provide the ideal balance of rise and width.
- Optimized Seat Design: A ribbed, solo-style seat for all-day cruising comfort while maintaining the bike's minimalist style.
- Emulsion Rear Shock with Screw Adjuster: Features an Emulsion rear shock with a screw pre-load adjuster that soaks up every bump the street throws your way, and easily adjusts to fit your riding style.
- Split 9-Spoke Cast Aluminum Wheels: Split nine-spoke wheels that are black as night from rim to rubber to complement the Dark Custom look.
NOTES:May be shown with optional accessories.
- Engine Type
- 1,202 cc (73.4 cu in)
- Bore and Stroke
- 3.5 x 3.8 in.
- Compression Ratio
- Fuel System
- Electronic Sequential Port Fuel Injection (ESPFI)
- 5 speed
- Final Drive
- Front Brakes
- Rear Brakes
- Front Tire
- 130/90B16 73H
- Rear Tire
- 150/80B16 77H
- 58.9 in.
- Seat Height
- 27.8 in.
- 30.2 deg.
- 5.3 in.
- Fuel Capacity
- 2.1 gal.
- 48 mpg
- Dry Weight
- 547 lb.
- Vivid Black